In this Guide
Is it time to say goodbye to your good old-fashioned mop and bucket? Fed up of putting your back out trying to keep your laminate floors clean? Fancy trying something more modern but don’t know where to start?
Well look no further because we’ve used a bit of elbow grease and found the best steam mop solutions out there for you in today’s market.
With so many options available to today’s buyer, we’ve trawled through the possibilities and found the ones that really do steam ahead of the rest. We’ve chosen those that stand out for their cleaning power and reliability, as well as including the mops that have the highest ratings for customer satisfaction.
We have also considered every type of budget and need, including mops that need to steam away the muddiest of paw prints and the largest of spillages. By comparing the features of each model and analyzing the reviews, we can provide you with a thoroughly comprehensive guide.
It’s time to go full steam ahead.
Best Steam Mops for Laminate Flooring
Steam mops provide a deep clean, causing less damage to sealed laminate flooring as they avoid the harsh chemicals that traditional mops require. You can also achieve the perfect shine in half the time, as the power of a steam mop cuts through surface grease and grime with ease.
The list below reveals the 8 most popular and efficient steam mops available today. From budget models to more deluxe choices, each mop has detailed advice on the pros and cons to help you consider the one that’s right for you.
Best Budget Steam Mops
1. Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor
With an easily refillable XL water tank and 18ft power cable, this steam mop is simple to use and allows you to access all those hard-to-reach places. It’s easy to put together and with just a few clicks you’re ready to steam away the dirt and stains.
It’s lightweight and compact saving you both time and energy. It’s also ready to use in 30 seconds with its ‘on-demand steam’ feature. Great for when you need to do a quick clean after a spillage and before the stickiness sets in!
And when you’ve finished, it’s compact enough to store out of the way and has a locking system that will keep it securely upright against the wall.
- Water tank capacity 12.68 fluid ounce. The power of steam Made easy
- Effortlessly clean and sanitize with just water sanitization studies were conducted under controlled test conditions. Household conditions and results may vary. See owner's guide for details
- Removes grease and grime no chemicals and no residue
- Easily fill and refill XL removable water tank. On demand steam ready within 30 seconds
- Lightweight and compact. Easy to use and store
- 3 clicks and your new mop is ready to use.
- Larger water tank means less refills during your cleaning session.
- Simple and effective storage – takes up the same space as an average broom.
- Has a ‘push down to activate’ handle that might not suit all users.
- It only has one setting for all jobs.
- You may need to add a Bacteriostatic treatment additive to prevent build up of bacteria within the machine.
2. O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop
Weighing just 5lbs, you won’t be suffering from an aching back or tired shoulders at the end of your cleaning session with this mop. Heating up in 20 seconds, it’s also the only one of our budget mops that features a snap-on glider for carpets too.
Unlike the first mop in our list, this one does allow you to adjust the amount of steam required depending on the stains you’re trying to remove. The triangular head also enables you to access corners to ensure a really thorough clean.
Despite its fairly simplistic design, you shouldn’t underestimate its ability to tackle laminate floors with great results.
- Heats from plug-in to steam in just 20 seconds.
- Adjustable steam level settings.
- Kills 99. 9% of bacteria* on floors without any cleaning chemicals. (Tested on E. Coli bacterium)
- Lightweight design - only 5 lbs.
- Includes a Snap-On glider to refresh carpets plus an extra Microfiber pad.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver due to it’s triangular mop head that swivels.
- Variable steam output for tough stains.
- The water tank provides enough steam to clean two, medium-sized rooms in one go – no need for endless refilling.
- Filling the water tank, however, can be awkward as there is no easy way to put water in – some users have found that using a small jug makes the process easier, rather than lifting the entire mop to the taps.
- There is no easy way to tell when the tank is getting empty and needs to be refilled, which some users found frustrating.
3. Bissell PowerEdge Lift Off Floor Cleaner
Unlike the other two mops in the budget category, the Bissell has a two in one feature. Detaching the head of this mop gives you a handheld steamer that’s useful for deep cleaning your sinks, stovetops and taps too. Now you can be sure of sparkling surfaces as well as gleaming floors.
The ‘on demand’ trigger allows you to control the amount of steam you need at any one time. Like the O Cedar, it has a special triangle foot design to fit into corners and crevices when cleaning.
One of the things that customers particularly loved about this steam mop is how easily it glides across the floor – mopping can become something you enjoy doing, rather than a housekeeping job to dread.
- 2 in 1 steam mop with detachable handheld steamer to clean with the power of steam both on and above your floors
- Control the amount of steam you put on your floors with on demand steam trigger
- Easily clean and maneuver into corners and edges with Triangle foot design. Power rating is 1500 Watts
- Includes bristle scrub brush and grout tool to steam clean sinks, stove tops, countertops, and dirt and grime from grout
- Naturally sanitize your sealed hard floors and eliminate 99. 9Percent of germs and bacteria, when used as directed using Microfiber pads. Results may vary, tested under controlled Lab conditions
- Has a deep cleaning action – one customer noted that it removed stains from the floor that she thought would be there forever.
- Great for busy homes – lots of consumers felt that the mop was able to manage the mess made by pets and children with ease.
- Compared to the other budget models, this one has a fairly short cord. One consumer felt that she needed to keep an extension cord close by to make sure she could use it everywhere.
- This mop only comes with one extra washable pad – you’ll need to purchase a separate pack of pads to have the spares you need.
Although there are many excellent floor mops for use on laminate floors on the market today, overall, we would recommend the O-Cedar as the best laminate floor mop, due to its value for money and effectiveness.
Best Mid-Range Steam Mops
Now as you move up the pricing tiers, you will find that there is a greater range of features on the steam mops we’ve introduced, but do they all do as promised and, most importantly, are they all completely necessary?
Let’s find out, shall we?
1. Bissell PowerFresh Steam Mop
With most of the features in our budget models such as a swivel head and the ability to clean within 30 seconds of switching it on as standard, this Bissell is proud of its steaming ability. It claims to clean in tight spaces such as under bathroom cabinets or low tables with ease. It has a slightly longer power cable too (23ft).
That’s all well and good, but what about some of these features we promised you? Let’s start with the ‘scrubber’ that flips down when needed to give a really thorough clean of your laminate flooring, particularly when tackling dried-on sticky spillages. It gets down into crevices with ease too. You can even let the mop ‘sit’ on particular tough stains and it will sanitize the area after approximately fifteen seconds.
Most importantly you can easily adjust the steam speeds with the Smartset steam control feature, allowing you complete control over the amount of steam needed. If you have lots of foot traffic, this is an ideal feature.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99; 9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider. Power rating: 1500 watts
- Customers liked the discs that allow a fresh smelling, fragrant home after using the mop – particularly handy if you have pets.
- The head from the mop can also be removed and used to clean grout on the tiles in your bathroom or kitchen. It’s then easily reattached with a simple click.
- The scrubber does clean up against walls, but it’s not as easy to actually scrub there.
- The microfiber pad can bunch up at the front, causing a less than smooth cleaning experience.
- A non-removable water tank can make for slow and fiddly re-filling using the cup.
2. SKG 1500W Powerful Non-Chemical 212F Hot Steam Mop
Now if you’re someone who likes an accessory (or six) this is really the mop for you. A powerful steam cleaner that is able to tackle laminate floors with ease, it also tackles curtains, ovens and stovetops too. With its carpet adaptor, you’re also able to freshen up any carpets in the home as needed.
Certainly a steam mop for those of you with pets and children, the SKG allows you to not only tackle stubborn stains and spills, but also kills fleas and other parasites that can live on pets.
With a 180 degree swivel, triangular-shaped mop head, you can be sure of clean that hits every corner in the room. SKG is proud of its range of settings too, allowing you to choose the right one for the type of floor you are mopping, which is great for laminate flooring.
Compared to the other two mops we have featured so far, the SKG comes with an alarm that warns you when the water level is getting too low or when you might have left the steam cleaner on – very handy to have in busy households.
- When using the mop on other surfaces, you are able to use a shoulder strap to keep the steamer securely in place.
- Customers raved about its versatility and the range of features in provides – certainly not your average steam mop.
- The shape of the mop head allowed for thorough cleaning and all attachments are attached smoothly and easily.
- Some users found the detachable part too cumbersome and hard to use, even when using the shoulder strap.
- The tank is awkward to fill, even with the measuring jug and the funnel that are provided with the mop.
- The triangular head can come off too easily for a mop in the mid-range category.
3. Light ‘N’ Easy Steam Mop – Multifunctional Floor Steam Cleaner
With its patented connect technology that prevents leaks, this steam mop has many handy attachments that ensure an effective steam clean around your house. It glides smoothly across laminate floors and is lightweight yet sturdy. Its pivot head ensures a greater range of maneuverability between and around your furniture.
Even on freshly washed, traditionally mopped floors, this steam mop was able to lift a substantial amount of grime from the surface. It produces a large amount of steam each time to ensure that it picks up as much dirt as possible.
As with the SKG model above, the Light ‘N’ Easy has great safety features including a sensor that can detect when the mop is suddenly dropped, ceasing the flow of steam immediately – an important feature for some reviewers. As well as your laminate floors, the accessories with this mop can also ensure a deep clean for garments, carpets and glass too.
- Steam Mop
- Steam Cleaner
- 30 seconds fast heat up to eliminate grease or sticky messes while dry quickly without streak. Only need water, safe for children, pets or yoga lovers.
- Intuitive Smart Switch: drop it in an upright position for steam cease during brief breaks, protecting your hardwood floors.
- Detaches to hand held steam cleaner with an assortment of attachments: microfiber mop pads, grout cleaning brushes,a jet nozzle,Bonnet Pad. Ideal for a deep cleaning of upholstery,kitchen ,bathroom and dinning room
- Many customers commented on the well made and sturdy feel of this mop that, in turn, made it feel reliable to use.
- The extra large water tank (340ml) gives a steaming time of 20-25 minutes – plenty of time to get around and clean those floors before it needs refilling.
- Automatic shut-off device when the steam mop is left upright – makes it ideal for family homes.
- The cord length isn’t long enough for large rooms or long hallways.
- The sturdiness of the mop meant it was harder for some customers to use, being quite heavy to push along laminate flooring.
- Light ‘N’ Easy take pride in their steam mop simply using tap water. Some customers felt that this left a streak to their mopped floors.
Best Deluxe Steam Mops
If you have the cash to flash, you may want to consider buying a more deluxe model for your steam mopping requirements. Not only do both come with a range of accessories, they also boast a more powerful, heavy-duty steaming action to give your home a truly thorough clean. Our rigorous research found that both models were from the same manufacturer – the second being pricier than the first.
1. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
For steam cleaning that can really knock your socks off, you might want to check out this Dupray model. Unlike other models, the tank heats water to 275 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure truly ‘superheated’ steam.
One of the most useful features of this model is its large water tank, holding up to 1600ml and enabling 50 minutes of cleaning, compared to the 20-25 minutes that other models offer. The built in funnel means that mess is almost eliminated – often the complaint of cheaper models.
As well as a 5m-power cord, it also boasts a two-meter hose, allowing for cleaning in hard to reach places. Now it may not be the quickest to heat up (7 minutes) but with all these other great features, you really can steam clean anywhere that your heart desires.
- CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL SUPERHEATED STEAM: up to 275°F/135°C.
- LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or cloth, no need for expensive special pads!
- WARRANTY: 2 years / Lifetime on steam cleaner boiler.
- The kit comes with 18 accessories including adaptors for using it on grout, in ovens and of course, on laminate flooring. It can also clean mattresses and furniture in every room.
- Rather than having to replace microfiber mop heads, the Duprey can use ordinary towels or flannels in their place.
- Rather than oozing steam, this mop has some real pressure behind each usage, thus giving powerful cleaning results.
- Quite a lot to spend on a steam mop but with all the extra features and warranty, it might just be worth it.
- Some customers felt the attachments were not as durable as they should be for a deluxe steam mop.
- As brilliant as the high temperatures are for cleaning, the unit does have to reheat often to sustain them.
2. Dupray ONE Steam Cleaner with Complete Accessory Kit
Now like it’s slightly cheaper brother, this Dupray steam cleaner would be hard to beat for laminate floors. Again it manages a massive 50 minutes of cleaning time, but this model boosts the steam temperature to a little over 300 degrees Fahrenheit. We don’t think you could ask for more cleaning power than that!
Not only does its stainless steel boiler produce such awesome cleaning temperatures, it also has a life time warranty attached to it, so you know you’re cleaning system will remain in good hands.
The heat up time for this model is a little longer than other models we looked at (8 minutes) but we think it’s worth it for the powerful cleaning you get as a result. It has a 16 piece accessory kit too, so you’ll never run out of places and things to steam clean.
- Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- QUALITY ACCESSORIES : 16-piece kit.
- POWERFUL STEAM: up to 303°F with ADJUSTABLE PRESSURE.
- MADE IN EUROPE.
- WARRANTY: 3 years / Lifetime on stainless steel boiler.
- Powerful super heated steam can tackle any dirt that you challenge it with – it also has 50.8 psi of steam pressure to back up all that heat.
- This model can be used both at home and in business, so you can be sure that your laminate floor will have a professional finish to it.
- The bristles on the mop head, in conjunction with the pressure, really break up dirt and residue on the floor for optimum cleaning.
- It produces a lot of steam – as important as this is for cleaning, it took some customers a few attempts until they got the level and pressure of steam that they needed.
So there you have it, a list of the best steam mops for laminate floors. From fairly basic models to ones that have all singing, all dancing accessories that can tackle other steam cleaning jobs around the home, the choice is now yours.
And before you know it you’ll have your brand new steam mop in your hands and a laminate floor that’s good enough to skate on. Remember to visit steamclean.reviews to find more of our current recommendations for steam cleaning all around your home and car!