Steam cleaning isn’t just for your home, and is utilized by businesses big and small, since businesses are required to adhere to strict health and safety regulations.
While you may be able to find a standard steam cleaner that cuts it, we suggest investing in a commercial steam cleaner that can handle large-scale cleaning and offers optimized disinfecting and sanitizing properties.
Naturally, commercial steam cleaners come with higher pressures, temperatures, tanks … and higher prices.
But it’s well worth the investment for keeping your home clean or your business running, and so here are our recommendations for the best commercial steam cleaners on the market.
We’ll start by breaking down each model, then include some information at the end about what to look for in your next steam cleaner.
The Best Steam Cleaners for Commercial or Industrial Use
When deciding what were the top-rated commercial steam cleaners, we didn’t just consider their specs, we also considered what customers had to say.
Ranked below by price are the most praised and most capable industrial steam cleaners on the market.
1. Bissel Steamshot: Best Handheld Commercial Steam Cleaner
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Clean and Sanitize with the Power of Steam. 100 watts of steam power from a variety of hard surfaces.
- On-Demand Steam Trigger. Control the amount of high-pressure, high-temperature steam.
- Cleaning Tools Included. Comes with seven multi-surface cleaning tools: jet nozzle, (3) color-coded round bristle brushes, grout tool, flat scraper tool, and angle concentrator tool.
- Chemical-Free Cleaning. Uses water only, 100% natural cleaning is safe for kids and pets.
Not all commercial steam cleaners come in big sizes, and that’s especially true for the Bissel Steamshot.
Sometimes, all you need is the power in your hand to get the job done, and this machine does it beautifully.
This powerful steam gun heats up in just 30 seconds and tackles the toughest grime in concentrated areas like grout, tiles, and even appliances.
Don’t let that fool you into thinking it can’t clean bigger jobs though, as you can use it on windows and textiles as well.
It has a 6.6-ounce tank and a 20-foot power cord, giving it excellent portability. It also comes with a 10-piece attachment kit that includes brushes, scrapers, and other specialized tools for different uses.
What really captures our eye about this steam cleaner though is how adaptable it is to any commercial environment. You may operate out of a van, office, or warehouse, but this steam gun will still work everywhere.
It may not be able to handle large-scale cleaning on its own, but it’s an absolute must-have to partner with other bigger machines on our list that offer that same flexibility.
And at such an affordable price, it’s like the machine pays for itself.
2. PurSteam Elite Garment Steam Cleaner: Best Commercial Steam Cleaner for Fabric
- Large Capacity - 61 oz. tank heats up in 45 to 60 seconds and provides up to 60 minutes of continuous steam.
- Stop Ironing! - Up to 248 °F steam penetrates deep and softens fibers, handles delicate to heavy fabrics, releases wrinkles faster than ironing and freshens clothes without using harsh chemicals.
- Fabric Friendly – This powerful steamer is suitable for all fabrics. Continuous steam softens and straightens wrinkles on clothing, drapes, upholstery and more.
- Included Accessories - Easily hold garments in place when steaming with the multifunctional hanger with garment clips, also includes fabric brush to brush away wrinkles. Completing your ironing accessories, this mighty steamer is built for any clothing closet.
- We're Here to Help - If you experience any issues with your purchase at any time, our world class customer service team will be happy to assist you, we'll do everything to make things right!
When thinking about steam cleaners, your initial thoughts probably go to floors, furniture, and windows, but PurSteam had a different market in mind when they created the PurSteam commercial garment steam cleaner.
This machine focuses on fabric items like clothes, drapes, curtains, and furniture.
These are often areas that go forgotten when it comes to steam cleaning but can hold just as much dirt and are just as important to clean, especially if you work in the clothing or cleaning industries.
What’s amazing about this cleaner is it’s gentle enough to de-wrinkle clothes, but also tough enough to sanitize even the most abused mattresses.
It weighs only 2.2lbs, so it easily goes wherever you go, and comes with specialized accessories like an adjustable hanger, steam board, clamps, and fabric brush.
It also has a removable tank and a safety cap that prevents you from opening it when it’s hot, and four pressure settings to ensure your steam cleaner matches the job at hand.
While this steam cleaner is advertised towards garments, we argue that it’s an essential tool for any home and business since it’s suited for more unique aspects of your environment that other commercial manufacturers may have overlooked.
3. McCulloch MC1385: Best Professional Steam Cleaner for the Price
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more..Max Steam Time: 90 min. Watts : 1500. Volts : 120V
- 23 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, angled nozzle, scrub pad, scraper, squeegee, and more. Conveniently store accessories on-board or in included storage bag.
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 64-ounce water tank heats up in under 12 minutes and provides up to 120 minutes of steam. Blast away dirt and grime with on-demand variable steam control, optional steam lock for continuous steam, and 4 bar (58 PSI) pressure. Hertz : 60 HZ
- GREATER REACH — Extra-long 18-foot power cord and 10-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a McCulloch product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
The McCulloch MC 1385 deluxe canister is a lightweight, affordable steam cleaner that’s perfect for all your on-the-go needs.
Whether you’re working inside or outside, moving from location to location, the MC 1385 does it all.
Grout, windows, tiles, BBQs – this steam cleaner can clean anything with its 64-ounce tank that provides up to 120 minutes of continuous steam.
It produces up to 58 PSI of pressure, heats up to 200°F, and only weighs 13lbs when empty.
Its 18-foot power cord and 10-foot-long steam hose really emphasize its portable nature, and it’s become famous for reaching tight spaces not only in buildings but also in cars.
The MC 1385 comes easy to store, so when you’re headed to the next job or closing shop it’s easy to stick it and go, and it has a 23-piece accessory kit, that comes with a squeegee, nozzles, brushes, and nylon.
It doesn’t get better than this in terms of price and capabilities. Most steam cleaners capable of this work can cost hundreds of dollars more. We recommend this steam cleaner to those looking to optimize portability and cost-effectiveness.
4. Dupray Tosca: Best Commercial Steam Cleaner Overall
- Price: ~$1,000 — Available on Amazon here
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a commercial steam cleaner listicle that doesn’t have the Dupray Tosca sitting proudly on its list.
This cleaner can be used effectively in both commercial and residential environments, offers up to 90 minutes of uninterrupted cleaning with a 4-liter tank, and reaches temperatures of up to 316°F, killing 99% of germs and bacteria.
Like the other Dupray models, the Tosca comes with a digital interface that displays the temp, pressure, and when boiler maintenance is needed.
It also supports high-pressure continuous steam, low-moisture output, and an adjustable pressure gauge that’s ideal for matching the environment and encouraging a streamlined cleaning process.
If being great on its own wasn’t enough, this cleaner also comes with a 25-piece accessory set that includes extension tubes, microfiber cloths, nylon, plunger, stainless steel, and brass brushes, and tools specialized to help with tricky areas like windows.
We recommend this commercial cleaner for dedicated homeowners wanting to keep dirt and grime at bay, and businesses wanting a solid multipurpose commercial steam cleaner.
5. Vapamore MR-1000: Best Steam Cleaner for Large Areas
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - To illustrate our commitment to quality, each machine (not just the boiler) carries a complete lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. We also offer USA based phone and email support.
- CEME ELECTRONIC SOLENOID VALVE - Found on all Vapamore commercial units, this feature opens and closes the steam flow from the machine electronically vs mechanically from the handle keeping the lines as dry as possible for dryer hotter steam.
- CAPACITY AND PERFORMANCE - The Vapamore Forza Commercial Steam Cleaner features the largest in class 4 liter / 1 gallon stainless steel boiler with a heavy-duty 1900 watt heating element capable of bringing the steamer to a high tip temperature in just minutes. The Forza can also deliver consistent 95 psi heated steam at 280 Degrees Fahrenheit for continued work with no down time between fills.
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - The Vapamore Forza Commercial Steam Cleaner uses just water allowing you to clean your home or work area without the need for harsh and expensive chemicals. The Ottimo makes cleaning simple in areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, tile floors, and automotive.
- ONBOARD ATTACHMENTS - Exchanging attachments is easy with the onboard attachment basket located in the rear of the machine. With over 50 accessories and attachments tools, the Forza Commercial Steam Cleaner has what you need to get the job done right.
Vapamore’s MR-1000 is an absolute monster of a machine, needing at least 3 gallons of water, but it’s trusted by businesses like hospitals and auto shops to handle some of the toughest jobs.
Boasting a powerful 1,700-megawatt heating element, this machine gets rid of dust mites, mold, bacteria, and grime without the help of harmful chemicals.
It also has a continuous flow and an adjustable pressure of up to 90 PSI, so you won’t have to stop production to refill and keep cleaning.
The MR-1000 has one of the largest accessory kits on the market, coming with 50 attachments, but if this all seems like too much, you can always scope out the sister version of this steam cleaner, the MR-100.
It comes with the same praise and versatility, but in a 1.6-liter stainless steel package that’s perfect for packing the same power into small spots.
Overall, this is a machine built for handling large, tough jobs and is an excellent tool for small businesses wanting to scale up their work size.
6. Dupray Hill Injection: Best Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner
- Price: ~$2,000 — Available on Amazon here
Reaching temps of 347°F, 121 PSI of pressure, and a dual tank system, the Dupray Hill Injection can help disinfect and clean anything – cars, mattresses, grout, hardwood, you name it.
Made of stainless steel, this commercial steam cleaner will last you years to come. Its dual tank system allows to you refill one tank while using the other, effectively doubling the amount of work you can get done in a setting.
It only takes 8 minutes to heat up and start steaming, so you’re not wasting time on prep and comes with a digital gauge displaying the temperature, pressure, and upkeep record.
At this rate, the machine manages itself.
The best part though is the 27-piece accessory kit that contains microfiber pads, tubes, hoses, brushes, windows tools, and loads of other essentials to ensure this steam cleaner gets the job done.
It should come as no surprise that the most versatile option on this list should come as the most expensive, but if you’re willing to invest in quality and heavy-duty support, then this is the model for you.
What to Look For in Your Commercial Steam Cleaner
Now that you’ve seen what there is to offer, it’s time to make a decision.
There are four things we believe are crucial when choosing a commercial steam cleaner: temperature, pressure, attachments, and budget.
The minimum temperature you want a steam cleaner to heat up to is 200°F, and depending on the job, you’ll want it to go higher to achieve deeper levels of sanitization.
For instance, in a house 200°F is more than enough to clean residential grime, but hospitals and auto shops will want something in the 300°F range to tackle tough grease and deliver a higher quality of cleanliness.
The same goes for pressure. The higher the pressure, the more resilient the steam is against dirt.
If you know you’ll be using this for tough caked-on grime, then a heavy-duty commercial steam cleaner that reaches up to 100 PSI of pressure will be your best bet, but if you’re just keeping the office shape, then you can opt for lower.
Attachments are probably one of the most exciting and useful parts of buying a steam cleaner since this is where your machine will gain all of its versatility from. If you want to prioritize adaptability, then look for options with lots of accessories.
Finally, always consider your budget. You don’t always have to spend the most to achieve the level of cleanliness you’re looking for.
All the steam cleaners on this list provide top-notch capabilities, so unless you’re looking for something incredibly specialized, stay within a reasonable price range.
Check out our guides below for more steam cleaning tips!: