Cleanliness is next to Godliness, so why should we settle for anything other than the best.
Keeping that in mind, I tested a multitude of steamers in the market and chose the five best options for your windows, with McCulloch MC1275 being my top pick for the best window steam cleaner.
I despise dirty windows, and sometimes your back doesn’t allow you to wax-off all windows (shout out to Mr. Miyagi).
In that scenario, a good steam cleaner is a Godsend.
You need a steamer that’s easy to use, does the job quickly, and has various accompanying accessories to clean different surfaces — hence why my first choice is McCulloch MC1275.
Luckily for you, I have researched and reviewed some of the options available in the market — from the most lightweight steam cleaner to the best heavy-duty one.
So without further ado, let’s get right into it.
Top 5 Steamers For Windows
Steamers are an excellent cleaning utensil. Most are multifunctional and are apt at cleaning various surfaces and items.
However, windows are tricky to clean — you’ve got a mix of glass and either metal, wood, or plastic. All of which have different temperature sensitivity.
Besides that, windows have corners that are tricky to cleans and have spaces between the grills that are difficult to reach.
It used to take me a good fifteen minutes just to wipe and scrub the windows clean.
This is why investing in a good window steam cleaner is important. Each minute saved is a minute more spent relaxing!
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner – The Best Steamer for Windows Overall
There are many factors as to why we chose this one to be the best option out of all available options.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK - The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH - An extra-long 15. 7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places
First and foremost, its size — weighing in at only 12lbs, it isn’t a giant, bulky steam cleaner. The design is stylish with a black and yellow paint job that’s a personal favorite color combination of mine.
It reminds me of a yellowjacket which is ironic as the next part complements the relentless nature of it.
Boasting a 48-ounce water tank allegedly gives it 45 minutes of pure, unadulterated steam cleaning.
Just one thing to be careful of is that since it doesn’t have a water level indicator and run-off collector, you’ll have to be cautious while filling this bad boy up.
It’ll give you 200ºF, burning hot steam, which rest assured will get rid of all the bacteria and any stains that might be feeling tough.
In addition, its dynamic wheels and a lengthy power cord of 15.7ft will make moving it around the house a breeze.
Last but not least, it’ll come with a whopping 18 different accessories that’ll help you with a lot more cleaning as well as boost your efficiency.
The only downside to that is the quality of the accessories but rest assured that won’t affect your cleaning routine.
With its light build and excellent maneuverability, it’s great for small houses since it won’t require much storage space, and can easily move between tight spaces.
While, the long cleaning time, long power cord, and wide range of accessories make it ideal for medium to large houses.
This is my top pick for a reason. It’s so versatile and easy to use, so whether you’re a steam cleaning connoisseur or a beginner—with a house of any size—you’ll love this steamer as much as I do!
- Accompanied by a variety of accessories, which will suit a variety of cleaning tasks
- Lengthy cord and lightweight for good mobility
- Large 48-ounce water tank
- No run-off water collector or water level indicator
- Low-quality accessories
Steamfast SF-370WH Multi-Purpose Steam Cleaner – Ideal Window Steamer for Green Cleaning
If you’re an advocate for green energy and are passionate about doing everything you can to save the environment, then the Steamfast steam cleaner is for you.
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY — Designed for ease of use with a 15-foot power cord with integrated cord wrap, wheels, carrying handle, and a 6. 5-foot hose that provides added reach for those hard to get to places
- 15 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including mop pads, utility brushes, jet nozzle, squeegee, scrub tools, fill cup, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 48-ounce water tank heats up in 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
The best part about this steam cleaner is that it doesn’t use any chemicals to do the cleaning.
This means that it cuts down on any harmful elements that you might come across or are sensitive to while also going easy on the environmental aspect of cleaning.
Due to this steamer not using chemical solutions for cleaning, it won’t leave any traces of chemical residue after you’re done cleaning, which is great news for parents whose kids or fur babies love to press their faces and hands/paws on the windows.
The Steamfast SF-370WH steam cleaner has a 45-ounce tank, a whole 3 ounces less than our first option, but it still gives you the same cleaning time: 45 minutes.
In addition, it comes with 15 different attachments and a 15ft power cord.
With the help of the button on the handle, you can control the output of the steam. This gives you control over the energy, resulting in energy being conserved. Which is superior to options that have only one high-powered steam option.
The one flaw that did irk me was the need for separate storage.
You’ll need separate storage for all the different attachments since they don’t come with a designated box or bag to hold them.
- Relatively easy set-up, making this steamer beginner-friendly
- No chemicals are used for cleaning, so ideal for those with pets and kids
- Large tank for continuous cleaning
- 15 attachments help you clean more than your windows
- Other attachments leave you desiring more in-depth cleaning
- No storage for accessories
Dupray NEAT Steam Cleaner – Fastest Window Steam Cleaner
The thing I loved most about the Dupray NEAT Steam Cleaner was that it didn’t require any complex steps; you take it out, fill it up, wait for six minutes for it to heat up, and then you start cleaning!
- STEAM CLEAN. DEGREASE. DEODORIZE. ANY SURFACE. BETTER.
- POWERFUL STEAM CLEANER: up to 275°F/135°C. Best multi purpose steamer for home, cars and more.
- HEAVY-DUTY & LARGE CAPACITY: Up to 50 minutes of cleaning time per fill up.
- PERFECT FOR FLOOR CLEANING: use any regular towel or cloth, no need for expensive special pads!
- 2-year Limited Warranty / Lifetime Warranty on steam cleaner boiler.
Weighing in at around 9 pounds and accompanied by a very long 16ft power cord makes it very easy to carry it around and to multiple rooms without changing the outlet every time.
This steam cleaner can hold a total of 40-ounces of water but worry not, its performance more than makes up for the small tank size.
It’s very effective when it comes to cleaning. You get done in literal seconds — it was borderline unbelievable how good this steamer was at getting rid of stains and other grit on the windows; quick, effective, and chemical-free!
It comes with 17 different attachments, just one less than our top pick.
Changing the attachments is very easy and quick. You take one off and simply snap the other in place and continue cleaning.
Everything about this steamer screams efficiency, which means more cleaning + less time = more Netflix.
Moreover, its anti-noise pollution design is a lifesaver if you have pets that might get startled by loud noises or infants that you’ve finally put to sleep after 4 hours of constant crying.
The downside is that there is no built-in compartment to store or wrap the power cord around.
Instead, you have just to roll up all 16 feet of the power cord and put it aside. The attachments also don’t come with a bag, so you’ll have to find a spare box or a bag to store them in.
- Superfast cleaning — leaves you with more time to relax and do other activities
- Lightweight and portable due to a long power cord
- 17 attachments, which will help with different kinds of cleaning
- Stealthy operation
- No water level indicator
- No place to wrap or store the power cord and attachments in, which is not ideal for those that have less storage room
- A bit on the expensive side
McCulloch’s MC1385 Deluxe Canister – Best Heavy-duty Window Steam Cleaner
Next up on my list is the steam cleaner that can bring any dirty window back to life —McCulloch MC1385. I’ve raved about old McCulloch models a fair bit, and this deserves just as much love.
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more.
- 23 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, angled nozzle, scrub pad, scraper, squeegee, and more. Conveniently store accessories on-board or in included storage bag.
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 64-ounce water tank heats up in under 12 minutes and provides up to 120 minutes of steam. Blast away dirt and grime with on-demand variable steam control, optional steam lock for continuous steam, and 4 bar (58 PSI) pressure. Hertz : 60 HZ
- GREATER REACH — Extra-long 18-foot power cord and 10-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a McCulloch product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
With the MC1385, you get a beast of a steamer, which not only will make your windows sparkle, you can use it to deep clean your whole house.
Its 64-ounce water tank has to be one of the largest tanks I’ve seen in any steamer.
With this, you get two hours of pure, chemical-free steam to ensure all your windows get cleaned.
Not just that, from the floors, counters, and tiles to carpets and upholstery, there’s nothing this steamer can’t clean. All that in one go too!
Windows are a tricky thing to clean — the glass panes with the wooden/metal grills require different temperature steam as scalding steam can damage wood and glass.
With its on-demand variable steam control feature, you can alternate the steam temperature according to the surface type.
Besides that, the 23 accessories make post steam cleaning a breeze. It also comes with an 18-foot power cord and a 10-foot steam hose.
This steamer is perfect for home use, but can even be used commercially. I can see it fitting right in at small offices, restaurants/cafes, and stores.
There’s little to dislike about this steamer but all the cool features one would expect the steamer to have incredible steam pressure, which sadly it lacks. Besides that, the build quality might leave you wanting a little more.
- Massive 64-ounce water tank
- Steam control that lets you control the steam temperature
- 23 accessories and a very lengthy power-cord
- Low steam pressure
- Build quality could use some improvements
Bissell Steam Shot Handheld Steam Cleaner – Best Portable Window Steam Cleaner
The last entry in our best steamer for windows article is the Bissell Steam Shot handheld steam cleaner.
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Clean and Sanitize with the Power of Steam. 100 watts of steam power from a variety of hard surfaces.
- On-Demand Steam Trigger. Control the amount of high-pressure, high-temperature steam.
- Cleaning Tools Included. Comes with seven multi-surface cleaning tools: jet nozzle, (3) color-coded round bristle brushes, grout tool, flat scraper tool, and angle concentrator tool.
- Chemical-Free Cleaning. Uses water only, 100% natural cleaning is safe for kids and pets.
This is the lightest steam cleaner on our list, along with having a compact build. Weighing in at approximately 3-pounds, it doesn’t get any lighter than this.
This steam cleaner shares its design with a kettle or a jug, which gives the impression of using it with one hand.
However, its power button is located on the underside, so you’ll have to use both hands to clean. It’s certainly light and sturdy, but the design could have been more ergonomic.
Just like its size, its water tank is also small; it will hold a total of only 6.6-ounces in one go.
This might seem significantly less compared to the other behemoths in this list, but the critical point to remember is that this is a handheld steam cleaner.
You don’t want a handheld steam cleaner with a 64-ounces water tank unless you want to get a shoulder and arm workout in while you clean.
The positive aspect of its compact size is that it heats the water in only 30-seconds, which is perfect for a quick cleaning session!
Bissell Steam Shot boasts the longest power cord out of all the steamers on our list.
A 20ft power cord means you can cover many areas before changing the outlet, or you might not even need to do that.
The hose, however, is short, but that’s not surprising since it is a handheld steamer after all. It might be small, but it certainly packs a punch.
This handheld option is perfect for those looking to spot clean, who don’t want to drag around heavy steamers or suffer from back or wrist pain.
- Super lightweight
- Comes with a spacious box to store the steamer and its add-ons in
- 20’ power cord that will prevent the need to switch between outlets
- 30-second heat-up so minimal waiting time
- The compact size makes it easy to store and maneuver
- Affordable price point
- It only has a 6.6-ounce water tank, which makes it unsuitable for extended cleaning sessions
How to Steam Clean Windows
Confused about how to steam clean windows? Then look no further and take a look at these easy-to-follow steps to make your windows look brand new.
Assemble the Steam Cleaner
Depending on the brand and type of steam cleaner you get, this part might be a bit longer, or you could just skip it entirely and move on to the next step.
First, check the manufacturer’s manual that’ll come with the steamer. Then, pick the accessory that fits the type of cleaning you want to do.
Fill up the water tank
Some steamers run fine on tap water, others require a bit more care.
Again, refer to the instruction manual and fill up the water tank. Be careful if the steamer does not have a water level indicator. You don’t want it to overflow.
Plug the steamer in an outlet and turn it on
Pick any outlet and plug the steamer in. Turn the outlet on and then press the power button on your steamer to turn it on.
You’ll see a power icon or a light that will light up, indicating that the steamer is getting the power and is running.
Once your steamer has heated up and produces steam, that’s your signal to start steaming.
If your windowsills are wooden, then you’ll need a rag to collect the runoff water trickling down.
You can clean your window in any direction, such as left to right or top to bottom, but long passes will give you the best result regardless of what direction you choose.
After you’re done cleaning, it’s best to keep your hands or any other body part away from the hose since it’ll be scorching, and you could end up burning yourself.
This will also give the steamer to cool down. Give it 20-30 minutes to properly cool down, after which you can easily store it back till you need it for your next cleaning session.
Hopefully, by following these steps, you’ll be an expert in steam cleaning windows or anything else you want to clean!
The Best Steamer for Windows – FAQ
Conclusion – Which is the best steamer for windows?
Without a shadow of a doubt, the best steam cleaner you can purchase for cleaning your windows is the McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner. It packs a punch and, with its 48-ounce water tank, enables you to stay in the fight for a long time.
A lengthy power cord coupled with its lightweight allows you to quickly move from room to room, increasing your cleaning efficiency. Let’s not forget the variety of accessories that’ll help you clean more than your windows should you choose to do that.
Those are my two cents on the topic, but everyone has their preferences, so pick whatever you think is the best for you and give those windows a makeover.
You can purchase all the steam cleaners from their respective websites and Amazon.
Looking for some extra steam cleaning help? Check out our guides below: