After moving into a rented home you may be faced with a dirty, stained carpet, or just don’t like the look of your surfaces that are in desperate need of a thorough clean. This is when traditional methods don’t cut it and steam cleaners are a necessity.
To save money on using professional services, many households are turning to high-pressure steam cleaners for the same impressive results.
Some cleaning tasks need more than a bit of elbow grease and a quick wipe down, hence why the best high-pressure steam cleaners are always in demand.
From grime to stubborn stains and dirt, there are plenty of reasons to give your surfaces the high-powered clean they need.
The Best High-Pressure Steam Cleaners
Whether you have a variety of surfaces to clean, or just more rooms than most, we have found a selection of steam cleaners that can help.
Vapamore MR-75 – Best Budget Option
- Price: $99 — Available here
- Convenient size
- It only weighs 2.68 kg
- 43.5 psi is impressive for its size
- Lots of accessories
- 3 ft hose may not be big enough for some
A chemical-free handheld steam cleaner, the MR-75 kills bed bugs, dust mites, germs, and allergens when you run it over your mattress or any other surface.
Not everyone wants to move a large steam cleaner around their home, and if space is an issue, the compact 2.68 kg MR-75 can be a great option.
This is all thanks to its portable design that moves around the home with you so there is no pulling at chunky tanks to slow you down.
Although it is ideal for cleaning up after pets who leave muddy paw prints behind, the 3 ft hose is a little restrictive for big rooms where you need to reach higher.
When time is of the essence and you want to give a room a quick clean before guests arrive, the 4 minute heat-up time will be a huge relief. Despite its compact size, it still manages to provide 43.5 psi and a max temperature of 210ºF.
A good value option, there are plenty of accessories included, making the MR-75 a versatile choice for anyone on a budget.
McCulloch MC1275 – Best Under $150
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Backed by a 2-year hassle-free warranty and supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING - Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK - The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes and provides up to 45 minutes of steam with optional lockable steam trigger for continuous steam cleaning
- 18 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES - Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, scrub pad, squeegee, and more
- SUPERIOR REACH - An extra-long 15. 7-foot power cord and over 9-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places
- Heats in 8 minutes
- Large tank for fewer refills
- 18-piece accessories kit
- Up to 45 minutes of steam cleaning
- 43 psi
The MC1275 is a common sight in workshops and homes around the world.
With a max temperature that exceeds 200ºF, the MC1275 is ideal for removing stubborn grease from tools and floor mats and boasts a 48 oz tank size that heats in 8 minutes.
If you have a large house, you are probably dreading the thought of having to refill a steam cleaner multiple times as you try and clean those extra rooms.
With the MC1275, you can clean for up to 45 minutes before needing to refill, which is plenty of time for cleaning multiple rooms, including grimy bathroom tiles to tired-looking carpets.
Although its 43 psi output is not as high as some of the other models on our list, it can still strip hardened soot from grills, helping you prepare for barbeque season, and remove stains from upholstery.
It comes with an 18-piece accessory kit, including a powerful jet nozzle and nylon brushes.
Whether it’s multiple bathrooms or an extra spare room or two, the McCulloch MC1275 manages to achieve the powerful clean you need for a great price.
Wagner 915 – Best High-Pressure Steamer Under $100
- CHEMICAL FREE STEAM CLEANING: The Wagner 915e Power Steamer is a multipurpose steamer that uses nothing but chemical-free steam to remove wallpaper and clean countless household surfaces without using chemicals
- INCLUDES 18 ACCESSORIES AND NOZZLES: Use the included attachments to loosen and dissolve dirt, grease and grime on floors and carpet, grout, kitchen countertops, appliances and more
- GREAT FOR WALLPAPER REMOVAL: Easily strip wallpaper with no harsh chemicals needed. The 8 ft. steam hose provides great length for reaching tall walls while stripping wallpaper
- HIGH TEMPERATURE AND LONG RUN TIME: The steamer holds up to 40 oz. of water and heats up to 212°F (100°C) in under 9 minutes. On a full tank, it provides 40 continuous minutes of cleaning power
- EASY TO USE: Simply connect your desired attachment, add up to 40 oz. of distilled water, and turn the steamer on. The orange light will turn off when the steamer is ready for use
- 45 minutes of steam cleaning
- 212ºF max temperature
- 18-piece accessory kit
- Two power modes at your fingertips
- Can be a little noisy
The Wagner 915 is a compact steam cleaner that boasts a max temperature of 212ºF, which is more than enough to protect your home by killing bacteria, or fleas and eggs when pets are present.
With two power modes at your fingertips, it is easy to switch between continuous use or an intermittent blast for removing particularly stubborn stains.
A popular feature is the microfiber pad that collects hair, dander, and debris as it steam cleans surfaces.
Of the 18-piece accessory kit, the tiny floorhead is ideal for countertops and tables, removing stains that would otherwise be impossible to remove, such as permanent markers.
If you are looking to spruce up a new home, then you may be faced with someone else’s taste in wallpaper. The Wagner 915 comes with a wallpaper removing attachment to help make this process easier so you can add that personal touch and color palette.
Other accessories include a cleaning brush, spray gun, jet nozzle, steam plate, two extension rods, and a squeegee making this an excellent all-in-one home cleaning device.
The plastic body may show a few signs of wear and tear after multiple uses, especially when bumped into doorways frequently, and it is a little noisy, but this is about as bad as it gets.
You only have to wait 9 minutes before the green light gives you the go-ahead that the unit is ready for use. After this, enjoy 45 minutes of steam cleaning that should be plenty enough to make multiple rooms look as good as they ever have.
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner – Best High-Pressure Steam Cleaner Overall
- Price: $150 — Available here
- Heats up fast
- Effective on virtually any surface
- 50 minutes of continual use
- Large 54 oz tank
- Might be a bit pricey for some
The brand Dupray is often heralded as the ultimate choice in steam cleaning circles. To indicate why the heavy-duty Neat Steam can produce temperatures up to 275 degrees, and enough steam for 50 minutes of continual use.
Its 7 minute heat time makes it one of the fastest on our list, and it manages this despite its massive 54 oz tank. When you combine this with its 50 psi of power, you’ll get the cleaning finished and be spending time with the family in no time.
Small conveniences include an integrated funnel that reduces spills when refilling, a retractable handle, and its compatibility with traditional kitchen towels so there is no added cost for specialist pads.
The included accessories make it able to clean and sanitize any type of floor, as well as toys, car interiors, bathrooms, grout and tiles, kitchen appliances, furniture, and much more.
If you have stubborn grout in your tiles or a pet-related stain that won’t come out, or maybe you just want to opt for the best steam cleaner available, the Dupray Neat steam cleaner is a reliable option.
SteamFast SF-275 – Best Value High Pressure Steam Cleaner
- Price: Check on Amazon here
- Long 6.5 ft hose
- Convenient size
- Intense pressure option
- Good value
- No low water indicator
For anyone who wants a serious steam cleaner, the SteamFast SF-275 is a solid choice.
Cleaning a bathroom can be a daunting task, not only are there difficult-to-reach areas, but it requires a certain amount of power to remove grime.
With 200ºF of heat behind it and a 6.5 ft steam hose, the SF-275 makes light work of those tricky areas and can even spot clean furniture and BBQ grills.
It heats it just 8 minutes, which is about average for a reputable steam vacuum cleaner with a 48 oz tank. It also has a steam-ready light, but there’s no low water indicator, meaning you may be taken by surprise halfway through cleaning a room.
There is a fingertip trigger for intense pressure, and an add-on nylon brush to get extra scrubbing power when faced with a tricky grease mark or unsightly stain on a carpet, but all in all, in this portable design you are getting the best of a high-powered product with a handheld steam cleaner.
McCulloch MC1385 – Best Over $200
- CHEMICAL-FREE CLEANING — Naturally deep clean without the use of harsh chemicals using hot, pressured steam to eliminate grease, grime, and stains from a wide range of surfaces including ceramic tile, grout, granite, sealed wood flooring, laminate, appliances, grills, autos, and more.
- 23 VERSATILE ACCESSORIES — Equipped for steam cleaning jobs in and around your home including a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, angled nozzle, scrub pad, scraper, squeegee, and more. Conveniently store accessories on-board or in included storage bag.
- LARGE CAPACITY TANK — The 64-ounce water tank heats up in under 12 minutes and provides up to 120 minutes of steam. Blast away dirt and grime with on-demand variable steam control, optional steam lock for continuous steam, and 4 bar (58 PSI) pressure. Hertz : 60 HZ
- GREATER REACH — Extra-long 18-foot power cord and 10-foot steam hose provide added maneuverability and reach for those hard to get to places.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a McCulloch product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
- 58 psi of power
- 120 minutes of cleaning
- Variable pressure control
- 23 accessories are generous
- 18-foot power cord
- The large tank does make it less mobile
Anyone with a variety of surfaces to clean will appreciate the variable pressure control that this steam cleaner offers.
With 58 psi behind it, it is one of the most powerful on our list, and is more than capable of removing months-old grime from the spare bathroom that you’ve been avoiding for some time!
If you have a large area to clean, then you need a big tank for efficient cleaning times.
The McCulloch 1385 has a huge 64 oz tank that takes around 12 minutes to heat, which is understandable given the size, but this does result in an impressive 120 minutes of cleaning.
Those big areas are also going to be harder to clean without the cords to match. With an 18-foot power cord and 10-foot steam hose, there is plenty of mobility for getting into those hard-to-reach corners.
As an all-in-one steam cleaner, it is ready to take the place of a floor mop, pads, brass brushes, scraper, squeegees, and beyond thanks to its 23 accessories that can be stored in the unit itself to keep them together.
Altogether, the 1385 is one of the most capable high-pressure steam cleaners on the market, and the best in its price range.
Why Use A Steam Cleaner?
Keeping a clean home means working with a variety of surfaces. Most methods make it difficult to thoroughly clean bathroom tiles and wooden floors, but steam cleaners will make light work of this.
They can also be used to clean stone countertops, leather upholstery, sinks, carpets, mattresses, showers, grills, tubs, and more, leaving every room in your home looking like a showroom.
Steam cleaners are also great for eliminating pet odor and keeping your home from smelling like a pet shop.
And, not only does it remove pet odor, but it also removes dander and protects your pets and family by killing fleas and their eggs.
Dust mites are a thing of the past as well since they’re killed at temperatures of 60 degrees and above, which even a portable steam cleaner produces.
Using a steam cleaner to remove these allergens from your countertops and flooring can even help prevent your family from developing allergies.
Steam Cleaning Kills Germs
Although infectious viruses may not be visible, they can be in every room of your household. Even mold and mildew that is visible are difficult to remove.
A steam cleaner is highly effective at removing bacteria as well as the residue left behind by these unsightly pathogens using hot vapor molecules.
They produce high temperatures that kill Salmonella and E.Coli, protecting your home from some of the more dangerous bacteria.
High-Pressure Steam Cleaner Buyer’s Guide
Every steam cleaner is different and it’s important to know the different intricacies so you can find the one that fits your needs.
Typically measured in ounces, this denotes the amount of water a steam cleaner can hold in the reservoir. The bigger the tank, the greater the surfaces it can clean before requiring a refill.
A handheld steamer offers a small capacity and short steam time but provides the convenience of being lightweight and easy to maneuver – perfect for cleaning bathroom tiles.
Larger models will be capable of producing 45 minutes of steam between refills but will be heavier when moving it from room to room.
Steam Time and Rate
This is linked to boiler size, but being able to clean multiple rooms without having to refill and wait for the water to heat up is a major appeal of large steam cleaners.
For example, the McCulloch MC1275’s 48 oz water tank produces 45 minutes of steam, making it capable of cleaning a workshop or multiple rooms in a home without needing to refill.
As with any household product, you tend to get what you pay for when buying a steam cleaner.
It is possible to find a capable model for around $75, but those closer to $200 are going to boast more features that make it easier to remove stubborn grime from your homes such as greater psi and steam time.
A steam cleaner will do its basic job of producing hot steam to remove stubborn grime without accessories, however, multiple attachments will make a steam cleaner more versatile and capable of working with different surfaces.
To give your house that professionally cleaned look, buy products with a floor mop attachment, window squeegee, carpet glider, upholstery brush, grout brush for tiles, and a scrubbing pad to lift and remove dirt.
Measured in psi, a steam cleaner with higher pressure will be a more effective cleaning system. The best steam cleaners should offer a minimum of 50 psi as these will be able to remove surface dirt and grime, but also germs, pathogens, bacteria, and mold.
Looking for some extra steam cleaning help? Check out our guides below: