Ovens are fun and easy to use, but they’re also a challenge to clean, which is why you should consider getting the best oven steam cleaner. Luckily, there are many options to choose from; Bissell Steam Shot, Comforday Pressurized steamer, and many more.
Why a steam cleaner, you ask? I know deep cleaning an oven takes time and effort. I’ve spent countless afternoons in frustration because a cleaner spray just isn’t enough. So I, eventually, invested in a steam cleaner—and let me tell you—best decision ever!
We understand that every oven is different, and some may not even need deep cleaning. But, to be safe, steam is much more effective, quicker, and non-toxic than the traditional cleaning methods.
Read on ahead to check out the benefits of steam cleaning your oven and our top picks for the best steam cleaners for ovens.
The Best Steam Cleaners for Your Oven
Using only the cleaning and sanitation benefits of water and heat, steam cleaning ovens with one of the options below ensures a natural process of maintaining and prolonging the life of your oven.
Now let’s find the right one for you!
Bissel Steam Shot Deluxe – Editor’s Choice
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Clean and Sanitize with the Power of Steam. 100 watts of steam power from a variety of hard surfaces.
- On-Demand Steam Trigger. Control the amount of high-pressure, high-temperature steam.
- Cleaning Tools Included. Comes with seven multi-surface cleaning tools: jet nozzle, (3) color-coded round bristle brushes, grout tool, flat scraper tool, and angle concentrator tool.
- Chemical-Free Cleaning. Uses water only, 100% natural cleaning is safe for kids and pets.
The Bissel Steam Shot Deluxe is a customer favorite—and ours—for a good reason! With this steamer, inner beauty is all that matters. This doesn’t look like much, but it packs a punch when cleaning your oven.
This steamer is ideal for everyday cleaning, with its light frame—standing at only 4.65 pounds—making it one of the most portable options on the market.
Besides that, this also comes with an easy-to-press trigger, which prevents strain. Letting you easily squeeze this in your oven and steam clean all the nooks and crannies without your hands or arms tiring out!
With a 6.6-ounce tank capacity and a 30 second heating time, you can quickly get to cleaning without the worry of constant refills or waiting for the steamer to heat up.
This steamer also comes with a range of add-ons that you can use to wipe, scrape, and mop off dirt, grime, and mold.
Pros of Bissel Steam Shot Deluxe
- It has an impressive power cord, 20 feet long to be exact
- Multipurpose steamer so works on a variety of surfaces
- It comes with numerous accessories
Cons of Bissel Steam Shot Deluxe
- No automatic power-off system or notification that the water tank is empty
Mosche Pressurized Steam Cleaner – Perfect for small surfaces
This multi-purpose steamer is almost as good as the Bissel Steam Shot, perhaps even better for some people. This portable steam cleaning machine comes with nine different attachments, through which you can steam, scrape, and sanitize your whole house!
This is perfect for small surfaces—like the inside of your oven—because of its light frame, small size, and multiple nozzle attachments that can squeeze in the tiniest places.
Besides that, the Mosche Pressurized steam cleaner comes with a child lock and a device lock, so you won’t ever have to worry about minor accidents or burns.
What we liked best about this device has to be the hose and nozzle attachments. With the hose attachment, you can steam surfaces from far away. So, if you don’t want the dirt and grime from the oven splattering you, this is the steamer you need!
After you’ve steamed the more prominent parts of your oven, you can use the shorter, 360-degree rotating nozzle to get in there and steam each corner.
Not only the oven, but underneath the sink, corners of your room, bathroom tiles, and every other nook and cranny in your home.
Pros of the Mosche Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- Can sanitize all kinds of surfaces
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Child and accident-safe
Cons of the Mosche Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- Because of its size and water tank capacity, this steamer isn’t ideal to use on large surfaces
- This steamer has a relatively small tank, so that it will require frequent refills
Comforday High Pressure – Best for Sanitizing
- ★Nine free accessories to adapt cleaner to every situation: Stairs, carpet, clothing, car interior and rims, etc. Gets into hard to reach areas.
- ★Multi-surface use: Works on every surface including laminate, hardwood, fabric, upholstery, ceramic, linoleum, glass, marble and granite.
- ★Chemical free and safe: The Comforday steamer is safe. It is completely chemical free and it is secured with a safety lock and safety cap.
- ★Powerful hot steam: Heat and pressure gets the job done faster. QUICKSTEAMTM technology offers 1050W of power; providing pressurized powerful hot steam (250-270F) for up to 15-20 minutes.
- ★Cuts through dirt: Tackle the biggest messes such as grout, grease and stains easily and quickly.
We’re no strangers to Comforday here, being one of the best and most reliable brands on the market for steam cleaners.
Sanitizing away germs and bacteria is often best done with chemical compounds, or in our case, scalding steam.
Generally speaking, the hotter the steam, the better the sanitization. Unfortunately, most steamers only go up to 210ºF. However, the Comforday high-pressure steam cleaner goes up to a whopping 270ºF and will not only clean your oven but effectively sanitize it as well.
Sanitizing is necessary to clean the oven correctly and ensure your food isn’t affected during cooking. This is why we recommend this sanitizing beast as one of the best steamers for home ovens.
Pros of Comforday High Pressure
- It comes with nine useful add-ons, which include fabric iron, scraper, brush head, and an extension hose
- Because of the high heat and excellent pressure, it can easily remove all the burnt food that’s crusted inside your oven
- Say Goodbye to Bacteria and germ-flooded areas with this steam cleaner’s super hot steam
Cons of the Comforday High Pressure
- Not the safest option as it has no locking mechanism, nor can it be tilted. If you tend to daydream while cleaning, accidentally tilting it could result in spilling boiling water from the nozzle
Dr. Purifier 10-in-1 Portable Steam Cleaner – Most Versatile Option
We’ve found the Purifier 10-in-1 to be the most versatile option, combining two of our favorite features from the above competitors – steam of up to 270ºF and a 360º rotating nozzle.
Does the mere thought of cleaning the inner corners of your oven frighten your back? Constantly hunching or stooping puts a constant strain on your back. With this, your oven and your back will thank you!
The manufacturer recommends using this steamer on sealed surfaces. Surfaces like ceramic, tiles, marble, granite, vinyl, refrigerators, windows, mattresses, ovens, etc. With this, You can clean your oven inside out, leading it to shine from the inside out!
With this steamer, you also get nine handy accessories, including a jet nozzle, a flexible hose with a gun nozzle, a bent nozzle, a measuring cup, a nylon brush, and even a funnel.
Pros of the Dr. Purifier 10-in-1 Portable Steam Cleaner
- Almost every kind of surface can be cleaned with this steamer
- Comes with an upholstery attachment, which can clean fabrics and clothing!
- Safe and easy to use
Cons of the Dr. Purifier 10-in-1 Portable Steam Cleaner
- The water tank isn’t the biggest so will have to be frequently refilled
Sargent Steam Cleaner – Ideal for Commercial Kitchens
A bit different than the steam cleaners we’ve mentioned above is the Sargent Steam Cleaner. This heavy-duty beast comes with 17 attachments and emits steam that reaches up to 298ºF.
This is perfect for restaurants, cafes, bars, and cafeterias, as with this, you can quickly clean up the whole kitchen and the oven.
With the considerable frequency of food being cooked regularly, commercial ovens quickly get dirty. This is especially the case for home-based eateries and small businesses.
So save yourself from the long hours of cleaning greasy ovens and floors while maintaining the health and safety standard, and invest in this steam powerhouse!
Pros of the Sargent Steam Cleaner
- For its size, this is a quiet steam cleaner. This is perfect because no one wants to sit through loud motor noises after a long day in the kitchen
- Has a wheeled platform so you can move it across the kitchen easily
- Excellent performance because of the 1450 watts, 110 volt 3-prong grounded power cord
- Notifies you when it’s full and empty
- Chemical and toxin-free, so safe to use for those with allergies or a compromised immune system
Cons of the Sargent Steam Cleaner
- Pricier than most steam cleaners
How to Steam Clean an Oven
You can’t prevent your oven from getting dirty; savory foods often cause grease stains, cakes and casseroles boil overspills are inevitable.
And while you’ll find many ways online to clean your oven, steam cleaning is the most effective and safe way.
However, there are two ways to clean with steam; using the steam-cleaning option on your oven or investing in a steam cleaning machine.
Using the Steam Clean Oven Option
Take a good look at your oven, and you might see a ‘steam-cleaning’ option, which is a part of the self-cleaning function present in ovens since the 1960s. Both gas and electric ovens are equipped with this feature.
The way this works is you pour water inside your oven and press the steam-clean button. Your oven will heat up, converting the water to high-pressure steam. This loosens burnt food, grime, and gunk, which you can then wipe off with a rag.
However, there are downsides to convenience.
By setting your oven to self-clean mode, you’re making it unusable for a few hours, and more than that, this high-heat function often causes fumes that emit foul, burning odors and even toxic gases like carbon monoxide.
This is due to heating up the burnt food and enamel lining covering the oven’s interior.
Excessive heating of the oven can also result in fuses or ruining the heating element, costing $400 to replace. There are also other hidden costs to consider, like the utility bill.
Using a Steam Cleaner for Your Oven
A steam cleaner is a multi-purpose cleaner that not only makes your oven gleam but gives your whole house a thorough deep cleaning!
This is a much cheaper option than self-cleaning ovens because it saves you time and is a more apt way to clean. There’s also no build-up of toxic fumes and gasses, and this is all done in a safe and eco-friendly way!
Most steamers are hand-held, portable devices that you carry around and use. In short, these are safer, cost-effective, and more practical than self-cleaning ovens.
How do You Use a Steam Cleaner on an Oven?
Using a steam cleaner on an oven is easy as pie. Actually, no, baking a pie from scratch isn’t easy at all, but using a steam cleaner is, we promise! Follow the steps below to clean your oven with a steamer;
- Open your oven and remove the racks: Take the racks out of the oven so you can easily clean the whole inside of the oven.
- Fill and start the steam cleaner: Fill up the water tank and wait for the steamer to heat up according to package instructions.
- Attach the required accessory: As mentioned before, most steamers come with numerous accessories like nozzles and brushes. Pick the one you need and attach it.
- Steam away: That’s all there is to it! Now, you can steam and clean to your heart’s content.
- Wipe: After you’re done steaming, wipe away the loosened, burnt food, grease, and dirty water with a rag, towel, or similar cloth.
What to Consider When Purchasing a Steam Cleaner for an Oven
Most steam cleaners are excellent investments, and most are multi-purpose, meaning you can use them on surfaces and items besides your oven.
However, if your primary purpose is to clean an oven, consider the following things before purchasing.
First and foremost, what kind of an oven do you want to clean with a steam cleaner. Is this steam cleaner for at-home use – like your personal kitchen and office – or is it for larger-scale projects – like restaurants, cafeterias, or factories?
If it’s for personal use and your home oven, then a portable, lightweight one should suit your needs. Avoid the pricier or heavy-duty versions as they’re expensive and have features you probably don’t need.
However, if you need a steamer to clean commercial kitchens and ovens, a heavy-duty steam cleaner will better suit you. Check out commercial steam cleaners available in the market like the Sargent Steam Cleaner we listed above.
Steam Pressure and Temperature
The higher the pressure and the hotter the steam, the better it is at removing grime, germs, burnt food, and grease. However, if you’re cleaning at home, you’ll be fine with a temperature of around 220ºF.
Only businesses will need to shed out money for stronger cleaners.
Many steam cleaners boast of quick heat-up time, which is needed to turn the water into steam. Choose a steamer that does this quickly to save you time and lower the electricity bills.
This is the total time your steamer can produce steam without refilling. This is dependent on the size of the water tank and steam pressure.
If you want the steamer just for your oven, this shouldn’t matter too much, however, if you want to steam clean other surfaces, go for an option that offers at least 30 minutes of steam time in one go.
Length of the Cord
This is important as you don’t want to be stuck with a steamer that doesn’t have a cord long enough to reach from the switch to your oven.
Most steam cleaners come with at least seven accessories, which ensures you don’t need to get different steamers to clean multiple surfaces. Choose a steam cleaner based on which of the accompanying accessories you need the most.
Now that we’ve equipped you with all the knowledge you need to know about purchasing and using a steam cleaner on an oven, the rest is up to you. We have listed our top picks above, which are all excellent for any home oven.
Check those out and let us know, in the comments if they meet your needs. We wish you a happy cleaning journey!