Keeping your home’s floors clean is crucial, especially if you have pets or young children. But handling a cumbersome mop or steam cleaner can make cleaning your floors a hassle. Fortunately, cordless steam mops tend to be lightweight and easy to use.
Still, with dozens of top-notch models from which to choose, selecting the best cordless steam mop can be tricky.
In this guide, we’ll explore everything you’ll want to look for when choosing a cordless steam mop and reveal our top picks, helping you save time and choose a model that best suits your needs and budget.
Top Picks for Cordless Steam Mops
The best cordless steam mop is one that’s easy to use and maintain, affordable, and designed to meet your household cleaning needs. Shark cordless steam mops usually make the top of the list, but we’ve managed to find some hidden gems that are even better options.
Best Cordless Steam Mop – Tineco Floor One S3 Cordless Cleaner
- Featuring iLoop smart sensor technology, FLOOR ONE S3 detects wet/dry messes on sealed hard floors and intelligently adjusts suction power and water flow for completely clean results. Floors dry quickly and streak-free.
- Self-propelled and time-saving, FLOOR ONE S3 vacuums and washes your sealed hard floors in one smart step for an optimal clean in less time.
- Cordless, lightweight, and easy to use, FLOOR ONE S3 extends runtime up to 35 min with intelligently optimized suction and battery power.
- 5-in-1 self-cleaning system keeps your hands clean, your system fresh, and your home odor-free.
- All-in-one LED display, built-in app connectivity, and helpful voice assistant monitors cleaning performance for the ultimate hard floor cleaning experience. Please note that the machine must use the Tineco solution to ensure long-term use. The use of non-Tineco solution will cause corrosion and damage to the machine.
This device is far more than the average cordless mop; It’s also a powerful vacuum cleaner. As such, investing in this device could be a fantastic way to save time when cleaning carpet and tile.
At about 10lbs, this cordless device isn’t the heaviest option, but it’s also not the lightest. The battery life of about 35 minutes is also somewhat average.
However, this vacuum/mop is loaded with helpful features, including:
- Mess detection
- Dual water tanks
- Adjustable suction level
- Battery life indicator
- Device maintenance notifications
- A self-cleaning mode
These features make the Tineco Floor One S3 one of the most advanced cordless mop/vacuum devices available.
It can also make your cleaning chores far faster and simpler, as the device naturally adjusts its settings when encountering messes and spills.
Still, it’s crucial to note that it doesn’t steam clean. However, the two-tank system does make it easy to sanitize your floors. All you need to do is add a sanitizing agent to the clean water tank!
If you’re looking for a convenient, multipurpose cleaning appliance that can handle all kinds of spills (and flooring), the Tineco Floor One S3 could be the top choice.
Best Budget Option – PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner
- Cleans Literally Everything! Nobody likes cleaning! But with the help of our 10-in-1 Steam Mop you can clean the whole house more quickly and easily, making it cleaner and fresher than ever! Clean a lot more than floors with the built-in handheld steam cleaner, or use the flexible hose to put the cleaning power of steam in the palm of your hand. Works great as floor Steam Mop, Carpet Cleaner, steam cleaner, handheld garment steamer window, mirror & glass cleaner & much more.
- Child & Pet Safe - Best steam cleaner for tile & hardwood, cleaning with no chemicals, leaves the floors looking new and really clean. Comes with special surface scrubber, providing versatile cleaning from Top to Bottom. Ideal for Glass, Sealed Stone, Stainless Steel, and Sealed Tile/Grout.
- Light And Maneuverable. 3 Adjustable modes help you cater the mop's steam level to your specific needs. That's especially important when you're trying to preserve your hardwood floors finish. The steam cleaner’s 380 ml (12.8 oz) reservoir provides around 25 minutes of steam at the lowest setting and about 12 minutes of steam at the maximum steam setting. One real bonus is that it uses tap water alone to steam off dirt, eliminating the need to buy pricey detergent.
- Multifunctional Household Tool - Safe to use on any surface you want to clean: hardwood floors, vinyl, tiles, marble, ceramic & porcelain tiles. Not only that, but you can also clean anything around the house with our built-in handheld steam cleaner. Just install the attachment you need and let the steam do all the work for you!
You don’t need to spend a small fortune to keep your floors in tip-top shape!
The PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner is a budget-friendly alternative to high-priced steam mops, and it works just as hard as competitor options.
This device can heat up in as little as 30 seconds, doesn’t require expensive name-brand cleaning solutions, and is appropriate for multiple surfaces, including tile, linoleum, and carpet.
The main tank is detachable, allowing you to steam clean clothing, windows, and more.
The included mop cleaning pads are machine washable, saving you money on replacement pads over the long run. With a battery/tank life of about 20 minutes, this option might not be the best choice for larger homes.
However, the PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner has a multipurpose design that’s rarely found in such affordable cordless steam mops.
If you’re looking to reduce your spending while increasing your home’s cleanliness, this model could be right for you.
Best for Hardwood Floors – Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop
- Lightweight and adjustable design - Our ergonomic design allows for simple and easy use, giving you the ability to clean hard to reach areas. The handle’s 180 degree rotation provides painless access to every space in your home. Keep your kitchen, living room and dining room spotless. The adjustable handle allows anyone to comfortably use the mop with ease
- Long lasting battery - The resilient li-ion battery ensures you can clean uninterrupted. A single charge gives you plenty of time for worry free mopping
- Works on all surfaces- The Gladwell mop works on all surfaces including wood, tile, marble, stone, vinyl, grout, laminated flooring, and carpets. The dual mop head rotators with microfiber bristles effectively remove dirt, stickiness, oil stains, and any other unwanted substances, leaving behind a glamorous shine
- Satisfaction guaranteed - We stand behind our product You can return the product for free within the first 30 days, no questions asked. Our customer service team is here for you and happy to help answer and questions you may have
Keeping your hardwood floors looking their best can be challenging, but the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop could make your workload significantly lighter.
That’s because this mop comes with two sets of reusable scrubbing pads: One set for mopping and one for waxing.
And while this device doesn’t offer a heated steam option, it’s crucial to remember that some steam mops can damage hardwood floors. Notably, you don’t need hot steam to sanitize your floors.
Instead, you can load a mild sanitizing solution into the 330ml tank and let this mop do its thing.
The LED light at the front of this mop makes it easy to spot stains and dirt, so you won’t need to use a flashlight to check the hardwood flooring beneath furniture. But one of the best aspects of this device is its battery life.
One charge equals about one hour of cleaning!
For these reasons, the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop could be one of the best cordless mops for hardwood floors.
Best Cordless Steam Mop for Tile Floors- Bissell SpinWave Cordless Mop
- Every Purchase Saves Pets. BISSELL proudly supports the BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Cordless Freedom. 18V lithium-ion battery provides up to 20 minutes of cordless runtime.
- Powerful Spinning Mop Pads. Restore your floor's natural shine with rotating mop pads that do the work for you.
- Safe On Sealed Hard Floors. Powers through tough, sticky messes on wood, tile, linoleum, and other sealed hard floors.
- On-demand Spray. Control how much solution goes on the floor while cleaning.
Tile floors have quite a few advantages over other types of flooring. They’re durable, they tend to stay cool in warm weather, and they’re far less prone to moisture damage than hardwood floors.
However, dealing with stained and dirty grout between the tiles can be a pain.
But this Bissell cordless steam mop can make short work of your grout-cleaning tasks. This powerful steam mop is equipped with two tough scrubbing pads that rotate to help scrub away set-on dirt and grime.
This device also comes with two soft pads that are compatible with hardwood floors.
This cordless steam mop’s battery can last up to 20 minutes on a full charge, so you’ll be able to tackle at least one tile floor per charge. Even better, the scrubbing pads and soft pads are machine washable, so cleanup is a breeze.
At about 11lbs, this steam mop is a little on the heavier side. However, we think that the Bissell SpinWave is one of the best cordless steam mops for tile floors.
Best Multipurpose Option – BLACK+DECKER 7-in-1 Steam Mop
- VERSATILE: Handheld steam cleaning lets you go from sealed floors to countertops to shower doors with a convertible mop-to-handheld design
- MULTI-SURFACE CLEANING: Safe for use on a variety of surfaces, including sealed granite, stone, wood, tile, and grout
- FAST HEAT-UP: 20-second heat-up time to get you cleaning faster
- EFFORTLESS GLIDING: Micro-fiber pad to move effortlessly across surfaces collecting dirt swiftly.
You can use this device to steam clean your floors, appliances, countertops, windows, and just about anything else you can imagine! The included attachments also make it easy to steam clean grout and caulking, as well as steam clean upholstery.
With a heat-up time of only 20 seconds, you won’t need to wait several minutes to start using this device. And notably, this cordless steam mop can kill up to 99% of all bacteria it encounters.
As such, this device could become a valuable sanitizing tool that you use all around the house.
Still, this steam mop weighs 10lbs, so it might not be the easiest option for those living in multi-floor homes. It’s also not designed for use on carpet. Additionally, the primary mop portion is corded, though the tank and attachments can be used.
Overall, the BLACK+DECKER 7in-1 Steam Mop is one of the most effective, multipurpose options available.
Benefits of Cordless Steam Mops
One of the most pressing questions you may be asking yourself is, “Do I need a cordless steam mop?” The answer is: If you have tile, hardwood, linoleum, or other non-carpet types of flat flooring, you could probably benefit from owning one.
Some of the most notable benefits of owning and using cordless steam mops include:
- Faster cleaning
- A more hygienic home
- Longer-lasting flooring
If you’re torn between investing in a standard mop or a cordless steam mop, you’ll want to consider these advantages. And one of the most significant benefits of these handy devices is a reduction in weekly cleaning tasks.
Cleaning your home’s floors can be a time-consuming process. Depending on the type of flooring you’re working with, you might need to vacuum, mop, then sanitize.
But when you’re using a cordless vacuum steam mop, you don’t need to switch devices for each step. That equates to about an hour saved each time you clean your floors.
A More Hygienic Home
When you have a cordless steam mop, keeping your floor clean and hygienic is a little easier. Regular mops only smear cleaning chemicals and dirt around your floor. But a steam mop can kill bacteria while also making your floors look amazing.
Replacing your old flooring can be expensive and frustrating. For that reason, it’s best to take steps to keep your flooring in excellent condition, helping it enjoy a longer lifespan.
But if you’re not cleaning your floors regularly, they may degrade more quickly. Having a cordless steam mop handy for fast cleaning may help you extend the life of your flooring.
Features to Look For
Before choosing a cordless steam mop, it’s crucial to familiarize yourself with the best features of these devices. After all, if you’re not sure what you’re looking for, you might miss out on a truly exceptional steamer.
So, when browsing, be sure to keep an eye on:
- Battery life
- Heating time
One of the most frustrating things that can happen while using a cordless steam mop is running out of power. After all, cordless models don’t connect to outlets that keep them powered on.
Most options have a battery life of between eight minutes and half an hour. If you live in a multi-floor home or a house without carpeting, be sure to select a steam mop with an average battery life closer to 30 minutes.
A steam mop heats up water, turning it into a practical stream of steam that can remove grime for your floors. And the best steam mops heat up quickly for rapid use, eliminating the need to activate your mop then wait around.
Many high-quality steam mops are ready to use within 30 seconds of powering on. However, others may need up to two minutes to heat their water supply to a steamy temperature.
This type of mop can weigh as little as 5lbs or as much as 20lbs. If you’re living in a multi-floor home or a carpet-free house, you’ll want to choose a model that’s closer to the 5lb end of the spectrum.
After all, lugging a 20lb mop up and down your home’s stairs or throughout several rooms isn’t a pleasant experience. Of course, if you’re looking to multitask while cleaning, you could choose a heavier model and build some muscle while you clean.
The average cordless steam mop costs about $100. That said, you can find steam mops for as little as $60 and as much as $300.
Notably, budget-friendly cordless steam mops tend to have lackluster battery lives and heating times. Higher-priced models tend to be multipurpose, have helpful features, and enjoy the longest charge.
Cordless steam mops make it easy to keep your floors clean and hygienic. When used regularly, these devices can help you enjoy cleaner, safer, and longer-lasting flooring. They can also reduce the amount of time you spend cleaning your floors!
We feel that the best overall is the Tineco Floor One S3. However, this option might not be the right one for you, depending on your needs. If you’re looking for a combination mop and vacuum, the Bissell Spinwave could be the best choice. Follow the links above to buy the one that’s right for you!
Some other articles you may be interested in: