If you’re looking to restore your dull linoleum floor to its former glory, then you’ve probably already tried traditional methods that just don’t fit the bill.
The fact is, linoleum is used in high-traffic areas, is susceptible to damage from harsh chemicals, and starts to look dingy over time, so you need the power of steam to make your surfaces sparkle.
That’s why we’ve put together the following list of the best steam mops for linoleum floors. We’ll cover a range of different budget options, as well as break down the benefits and what to look for in your next steam mop.
What to Look For in a Steam Mop for Linoleum Floor
Before reading our list of the best products, make sure you know exactly what to expect from your steam mop using the following criteria.
Temperature and Tank Size
To effectively lift grime off your linoleum, your steam mop should generate close to 250°F for effective results.
The time it takes to achieve this temperature is called the heat-up time, and it ranges anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.
The time it takes largely depends on tank size, with a bigger tank equating to a longer steam-time capacity, but a longer heat-up time.
That said, larger tanks don’t require as many refills. It’s really all about finding that balance between your home and the machine.
If you have a large home, then it’s worth choosing a bigger tank and taking the longer heat-up time, but if your home is smaller, choose a faster heat-up time.
A lot of the best steam mops come with multiple cleaning heads that make light work on different surfaces.
So, if you are dealing with a linoleum floor in a kitchen, an angled head will make it easier to get under a table or into difficult-to-reach corners. Or, if you’re in the bathroom, a brush head to effortlessly remove stubborn stains and soap scum.
Other attachments include additional mop pads, a tank filling flask, and various brushes and scrubbers to help make your cleaning easier.
The good news here is that the best steam mops for linoleum floors don’t have to cost a lot. There are models for every budget, starting around $50 and increasing to $200.
To benefit from additional accessories and features, such as multiple steam modes, you will need to spend a little more, but all products will do an excellent job of cleaning linoleum kitchen floors and other surfaces.
The Best Steam Mops for Linoleum Floors
Bissell Symphony Vac and Steam– $200
- Vacuum and steam mop in one
- Steam in 30 seconds
- 25-inch power cord
- Drop-it technology
- On the expensive side
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets..Watts:1100
- Vacuum And Steam Your Floors At The Same Time
- The Pet Model Features The Exclusive Drop-It Tank Emptying System Which Prevents You From Getting Your Hands Dirty
- The Pet Model Includes Disposable Pads For Those Pet Messes You'd Rather Throw Away And Washable Microfiber Pads For Everyday Cleaning
- Powerful, Cyclonic Vacuum Helps Capture Pet Hair And Debris. Power rating: 1100 Watts for Steam / 400 Watts for Vacuum / 3. 3 Vacuum Amps
Ideal for homes with pets, this 2-in-1 steam mop will simultaneously vacuum your linoleum floors as it steam cleans.
This is a cleaner with features so rare that many consider it to be the ultimate steam mop, and it’s easy to see why when using the digital controls that allow you to switch between steam and vacuum modes while cleaning.
The thoughtful features don’t end there. Drop-it technology allows you to discard pet hair and debris straight into the trash for hands-free emptying.
In terms of steam, the Bissell Symphony Vac and Steam is ready to go in 30 seconds, and with a 25 in. power cord, you’re able to lift stubborn stains and dirt in large rooms without hopping from outlet to outlet.
Due to the number of features, it does cost more than your standard steam mop, but when you see the difference it makes to your linoleum floors, the investment is worthwhile.
Bissell Powerfresh Slim Steam Mop – $130
- 12 oz tank
- It doubles up as a handheld steam mop
- Slimline design is easy to maneuver
- Ready in 30 seconds
- Plenty of accessories
- The top of the unit is heavy
- 3 in 1 steam mop allows you to clean both on and above your floors with a fully upright steam mop, extension Wand and handheld steam cleaner
- On board tool kit allows you to carry tools while you clean grout tool, angle tool, flat scrapper tool, bristle scrub brush
- Bonus tools: flat surface tool with mop pad, clothing steamer tool, bristle scrub brush for above floor multi surface cleaning. All tools can be attached to end of extension Wand or handheld steamer
- Leaves behind a refreshing Eucalyptus Mint fragrance as you clean
- For use in all steam mops, all brands
Portability is the Powerfresh’s game, with its ability to maintain its slimline shape even with its mid-size 12 oz tank. Store it in a small space or use the included wall-mounted kit, either way, it’s perfect for apartment living or homes with scarce storage space.
The $150 price tag is a reflection of its high-quality design. Not only will it produce steam within 30 seconds, but this versatile mop also doubles as a handheld steam cleaner. So, countertops, ovens, and windows – nothing’s out of reach.
Although there are reports that the unit is top-heavy, it still has a lightweight design that allows it to effortlessly glide across every room of your home.
Combined with its powerful steam-on function that puts you in control of the continual steam flow, and you’ll really take the strain out of lifting old stains.
All in all, this is a versatile steam mop best suited for those with a lot of different surfaces to clean. And with its handy onboard storage kit, you’ll quickly switch between the grout tool, angle tool, flat scraper tool, and the bristle scrub brush for a streamlined clean of any home.
Oreck Steam-It Steam Mop – $200
- Price: Check price on Amazon here
- 40 minutes of steam
- No need for microfiber pads
- Steam mop and full power vacuum in one
- 11.5-inch cleaning path
- If using pads, they need frequent changing
Expect big things from this commercial-grade steam mop for linoleum floors, starting with the impressive 40 minutes of steam and dual vacuum mode.
It gives you the freedom of focused steam so when used on hard surfaces for a minimum of 5 seconds, it’ll lift tough stains with little effort.
This means your linoleum will be back to looking its best in no time. It’s also packed full of useful features like the impressive full-powered vacuum, saving you time on going over surfaces twice.
Use it to add a pleasant shine to those hardwood floors without the use of microfiber pads. The Steam-It comes with a universal clip that allows you to make use of household towels, making it an environmentally friendly option too.
Overall, this is an excellent steam mop for commercial linoleum floors, and we recommend trying its generous 11.5-inch cleaning path for yourself.
Shark Steam Pocket Mop – $100
- The Shark Steam Pocket Mop turns ordinary water into super-heated steam to remove everyday dirt and grime that other mops leave behind..Voltage: 120 volts. Wattage: 1200 watts
- Powerful steam on demand - natural mopping motion delivers super-heated steam in just 30 seconds, and dries almost immediately
- 99.9% sanitization against germs and bacteria
- 2 washable microfiber pads lift and lock in dirt - no more messy mops and heavy buckets
- A soft-grip handle and comfortable design that make it easy to maneuver without physical strain
- Ergonomic design
- 30 seconds heat up time
- Weighs 4.87 lbs
- 18ft power cord isn’t the longest
Shark is one of the most reputable brands in the world of steam, so it comes as no surprise to see this powerful device on our list of the best steam mops for linoleum floors.
The Steam Pocket mop features a soft grip handle that makes for a superior cleaning experience, especially since the handling is easy, weighing just 4.87 pounds.
It also has a two-sided mop head, so when one side’s dirty, just flip it over to double your cleaning time.
Having to switch sockets is one of the biggest frustrations when cleaning your home, so the 18 ft long power cord is on the short side for some, but still, the 30 seconds heat-up time and fast-drying steam, means you’ll be able to enjoy clean linoleum floors in no time.
With a long list of useful accessories and plenty of cleaning power to eliminate 99.9% of germs and bacteria, the Shark Steam Pocket Mop will quickly become a firm favorite in any home looking to utilize steam to leave their linoleum floors in show home condition.
Read more: Shark vs Bissell steam mops
VonHaus 1200W Microfiber Steam Mop – Best Under $50
- Price: Check on Amazon here
- Good value
- 180° swivel head
- 18.5 oz tank
- Not as durable as other options
Another budget-friendly pick, the Van Haus 1200W Microfiber Steam Mop gets into every corner of your kitchen, bathroom, and living areas thanks to its enhanced maneuverability.
This is because of the 180° swivel head that allows you to clean under tables and behind furniture with ease.
With a generous 18.5 oz tank, this steam mop gives you more cleaning time than your average product, and it even comes with carpet and hardwood mop pads for a complete deep clean of your entire home.
As a budget-friendly option with 30 seconds of heat-up time, this VonHaus will save you money and time on getting those linoleum floors looking in top shape.
Bissell 19404 Powerfresh – $89
- Sanitize floors with the BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, which eliminates 99.9% of germs and bacteria when used as directed
- Shine floors while you clean sticky dried-on spots 2X faster than the leading steam mop with the built-in Easy Scrubber or scrubby microfiber mop pad
- Remove tough spots with the built-in flip-down Easy Scrubber. Power Rating : 1500 watts
- Customize your clean with the SmartSet digital variable steam control
- Neutralize odors with Odor Eliminating Fragrance Discs included
- 3 levels of steam
- Flip down scrubber for tough stains
- Lots of accessories
- Issues with microfiber pads bunching
Another excellent option from Bissell, the 19404 Powerfresh offers 3 levels of steam at a great value, so you’ll enjoy sparkling lino floors without breaking the bank.
There are thoughtful touches throughout its design, including a flip-down scrubber attached to the back that allows you to loosen any stubborn stains, and a handful of useful accessories like the carpet glider, washable microfiber cleaning pad, and two scented discs to give the water tank fragrance as it steam cleans.
It’s also powerful enough to rid your bathroom and kitchen linoleum of dried-on spots and other imperfections whilst ridding surfaces of 99.9% of bacteria.
All in all, there is plenty to like about the Powerfresh. The water tank is easy to remove and refill, it’s ready to go in 30 seconds, and there is a wide mop head making it an excellent option for large surface areas.
Can You Use Steam Mops on Linoleum Floors?
Linoleum floors are actually an ideal material for steam cleaning.
Harsh detergents are liable to damage this durable material, but their heat and water-resistant nature pairs perfectly with steam mops working temperatures of around 250°F. At this temp, the steam mops not only clean your linoleum, but they disinfect and sanitize as well.
This includes bathrooms, kitchens, – any place where surfaces are frequently in contact with soap scum, debris, and stains that leave it looking worse for wear.
Benefits of Using a Steam Mop on Linoleum Floors
If you’re wondering if a steam mop is the best cleaner for a linoleum floor, then consider the cleaning power before all else. Using only water and high temperatures, steam penetrates minute imperfections on a linoleum floor before dissolving and removing dirt and stains.
You can also trust your steam mop to kill 99.9% of bacteria, remove common allergens, and even pick up pet dander, unlike traditional mops.
One of the best points though is that steam cleaning dries fast. This means no more waiting around for floors to dry or worrying about footprints ruining your hard work.
Other articles you may be interested in: