A good garment steamer is a classy dresser’s best friend!
Whether you’re trying to maintain expensive suits or simply keeping your family’s wardrobe in order, it’s important to be equipped with a clothes steamer that works quickly, and protects your garments and linens.
In this guide, we’ll introduce you to the best clothes steamers on the market. We’ve included recommendations for both home and commercial users, so there’s something here for everybody!
Read on to see which models we recommend and to find out why!
Best Clothes Steamer Reviews
1. Steamfast SF-407 Clothes Fabric Steamer
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT — When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS..Hertz: 60 HZ. Amps 12.5
- QUICK HEAT UP TIME — 40-ounce capacity removable water tank heats up in 45 seconds and provides up to 45 minutes of continuous steam.
- 100% CHEMICAL-FREE — More effective and gentler on fabrics than ironing for all-natural garment care using the power of steam.
- REMOVE WRINKLES AND REFRESH — Removes wrinkles and odors from clothes, linens, curtains, upholstery, and more, without the hassle of dry cleaning.
- EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB — Comes equipped with a cool-touch fabric hose, telescopic pole, illuminated power switch, attachable fabric brush, and clothes hook.
This Steamfast clothes steamer is our budget recommendation to home users who want something safe, efficient and user-friendly, without shelling out for one of the Jiffy models.
It does all the basics on a budget. You can get heated up and steaming in well under a minute, and have enough capacity to keep working for 45 minutes of continuous steam.
What sets this apart from other inexpensive options?
It heats up faster, for one thing. It’s also up to all the relevant electrical and safety standards, while most other cheap imports are sketchy at best and downright dangerous at worst.
It’s well-equipped, too, with an optional fabric brush for removing lint and debris as you steam.
All in all, it covers all the essentials for well under $100.
There are certainly some reasons why you’d want to spend more for a Jiffy if you’re able, though.
That’s true for even casual home users. The Steamfast has a much shorter warranty policy, at just 1 year, and it isn’t as well-made. T
he hooks and pole are noticeably flimsy compared to Jiffy models. Don’t plan on getting more than a couple years of regular use from it. You can’t get it with a metal head, either, so there’s no way to use it as a steam iron.
Getting your clothes crease-free will be a breeze with any of these models, but if we only had to recommend one, we would have to suggest the Steamfast SF-407 as the best clothes steamer.
2. J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer
Jiffy’s J-2000 is our recommendation to the vast majority of buyers.
- 1300 watt solid brass heating element (120 volt for North America use only…not for export)
- High-impact plastic outer housing for durability
- Quick two minute heat-up time.6 inches wide plastic steam head.Cord Plug: NEMA 5-15
- 1.5 Hour steam time per filling. Water Capacity: 3/4 galloon / 2.84 litres. Fusible link with automatic shut-off for safety
- Made in the USA
It’s noticeably better-made than the Steamfast without approaching the J-4000M’s high price tag. We think it’s perfect for home users, and a good budget compromise for commercial users who are tight on funds.
The J-2000 is better than the Steamfast in practically every way.
It’s sturdier, for one thing. This is completely American-made, and it shows. The plastic parts are much more solid and resilient, and the pole is rock-solid.
This is a much better investment over the long term. That’s especially true given the 3-year warranty. While it takes twice as long to heat up (at 2 minutes), it also gives you twice as much time to work!
We like the J-2000 for the average user because it gives you nearly all the performance and build quality of the J-4000M in a more manageable package.
It’s easier to fit around the house, compared to the relatively commercial scale model, and it’s a lot easier to afford as well.
We also like the option to get this one with a metal steam head, if you like. Having a metal steam head allows you to use your steamer as a steam iron, which gives you the best of both worlds between steaming and ironing.
The only folks who ought to spend more for the J-4000M are demanding commercial users who will really get their money’s worth out of its longer runtime and more industrial build.
Home users and most smaller commercial users can stick with the J-2000 and be perfectly happy.
3. J-4000M Jiffy Garment Steamer
Jiffy’s J-4000M is our ultimate recommendation for a clothes steamer.
- Made in the USA
- 1500 watt incoloy heating element (120 volt for North America use only)
- Solid die cast aluminum outer housing for durability
- Convenient standby and steam settings
- 6 inch wide metal steam head and 5.5 foot flexible rubber hose
It’s the most powerful, rugged, and capable on the market as far as we’re concerned. This is definitely overkill for home users and light commercial operators, but there’s nothing better for demanding professionals.
The J-4000M is commercial-grade in every way. It has an absolutely massive heating element fitted to a stainless steel chamber.
Between them, they offer nearly 2 hours of working time on a single tank! Every component is rock-solid, especially the aluminum housing.
While the rugged plastic on the J-2000 is plenty sturdy enough for most people, this thing is built to last a decade or more. It’s covered by the same 3-year warranty, but we think it’s safe to assume you’ll see a lot more use than that out of a J-4000M!
Which of these clothes steamers should you buy?
The Steamfast is the obvious choice if you’re on a tight budget.
It’s the only model we recommend under $100, and it does all the basics nicely. However, if you can afford a Jiffy, we do think their faster heat-up times and improved build quality are worth the extra money.
The J-2000 is our recommendation to most buyers.
It’s as nice a clothes steamer as home users will ever need, and makes a good budget buy for professional users. It’s efficient, powerful, and user-friendly.
Don’t bother spending any more unless you’re a demanding commercial user who really needs the J-4000M.
The J-4000M is overkill for the majority of home users.
We recommend it mainly to professionals, such as seamstresses, housekeepers, and folks who operate clothing retailers. If you take care of clothing for your job, this is a very worthy investment.
We don’t recommend it to anyone who doesn’t simply because the average person isn’t going to appreciate the differences between this and the J-2000.
We hope you’ve enjoyed our guide to the best clothes steamers on the market! You can find out more about any of the models we’ve recommended here by clicking on the links in our reviews.
That’s the easiest way to check current prices, see complete specs, and more. You can also visit the links below to find more of our buying guides, reviews, and recommendations.
Check out our guides below for more steam cleaning tips!: